- Raise roof enough to remove old post (about an 1/8″or 1/2cm). Note: Many customers use a 4 x 4 wood post on a car jack, to temporarily raise the roof.
- Remove old post and any bolts or anchors that may be in the way of the new post.
- Position the new posts in place. Often, some post trimming may be required.
- Mark on the floor and ceiling the desired location of your post.
- Add wood or otherwise strengthen the beams above and/or below the porch post, if required.
- Slide trim rings onto post (top and bottom) and install base plates as required for the model of porch post.
- Lower the roof line back into place.
Aluminum Porch Post DIYpmdms2019-04-02T13:50:55-04:00